Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to be matched with a supportive accountability partner for a self-directed and shared learning journey? We are so excited to announce the Women Who Code Coding Buddy Program starting on Wednesday, June 7, 2023 — hosted by our digital track communities.
The WWCode Coding Buddy Program will be an amazing opportunity to practice your coding skills with a supportive coding buddy accountability partner.
Women Who Code is collaborating with the coding buddy platform to facilitate this program. Through the coding buddy platform, you will have the opportunity to get matched with a buddy and track your progress.
All coding levels are invited.
The Coding Buddy Program will happen virtually. It is a global program, and everyone around the world is invited to participate. The program will be conducted in English.
Here’s how to participate:
- Watch this video to learn about the program and how to join
- Join the general WWCode Slack community
- Submit the Coding Buddy Application Form. Each individual participant must complete.
- When accepted into the program, you will receive an email with directions to gain free access to the coding buddy platform.
- In the coding buddy platform, click “Match me with a Buddy” to either get matched by algorithm with someone in the Women Who Code community OR enter the username of your existing buddy.
- You will receive your coding buddy match on Wednesday, June 7 through the coding buddy matching platform.
- Once you receive your buddy match, complete the WWCode Coding Buddy Commitment Form. This form will be emailed to you.
- Connect with your buddy at least once per week for 4 weeks (June 7 through July 5)
- Track your progress on the platform
Yes! Women Who Code is a global community. The program is happening 100% virtually, and everyone around the world is welcome to participate. The program will be conducted in English.
Yes! Everyone is invited to participate, and we are welcoming all coding levels to join the program. You can choose the activities and resources you feel are best for your individual coding level and goals. You will be matched with a buddy with a similar skill level, so you can participate and learn together.
Yes! There is no cost / no charge to participate in the Coding Buddy programming. Once your application is accepted, you will receive directions including a link to join the platform and be matched with a buddy for free for the duration of the program.
Yes! Welcome to Women Who Code! We are so excited you are here. Everyone is invited to participate.
Sorry. Due to the short duration of this program and the deadline set by the coding buddy platform, all applications must be received by the application deadline.
Our WWCode track communities have amazing events and programs all year. After the program, we will share more about joining our communities, connecting with our leaders, and continuing to connect, code, and learn within this community.